All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses the need to improve TCP's performance inside data centers by providing solutions that are both practical and backward compatible with standard TCP versions. The authors approach this challenge first by deriving an analytical model for TCP's performance under typical data center workload traffic. They then discuss some solutions that are designed to improve TCP performance by either proactively detecting network congestion through probabilistic retransmission or by avoiding timeout penalty through dynamic resizing of TCP segments. Experimental results show that each of techniques discussed outperforms standard TCP inside a data center.
- Author(s)Prathima Agrawal,Santosh Kulkarni
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/10/2013
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 32 colour illustrations, 2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight172 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.