Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionAnalysis on Lie Groups with Polymial Growth is the first book to present a method for examining the surprising connection between invariant differential operators and almost periodic operators on a suitable nilpotent Lie group. It deals with the theory of second-order, right invariant, elliptic operators on a large class of manifolds: Lie groups with polymial growth. In systematically developing the analytic and algebraic background on Lie groups with polymial growth, it is possible to describe the large time behavior for the semigroup generated by a complex second-order operator with the aid of homogenization theory and to present an asymptotic expansion. Further, the text goes beyond the classical homogenization theory by converting an analytical problem into an algebraic one. This work is aimed at graduate students as well as researchers in the above areas. Prerequisites include kwledge of basic results from semigroup theory and Lie group theory.
- Author(s)A. F.M. ter Elst,Derek William Robinson,Nick Dungey
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/09/2011
- Series TitleProgress in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number214
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight498 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.