Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive study of the Radon transform, which operates on a function by integrating it over hyperplanes. The book begins with an elementary and graphical introduction to the Radon transform, tomography and CT scanners, followed by a rigorous development of the basic properties of the Radon transform. Next the author introduces Grassmann manifolds in the study of the k-plane transform (a version of the Radon transform) which integrates over k-dimensional planes rather than hyperplanes. The remaining chapters are concerned with more advanced topics, such as the attenuated Radon transform and generalized Radon transforms defined by duality of homogeneous spaces and double fibrations. Questions of invertibility and the range of the Radon transform are dealt with and inversion formulas are developed with particular attention to functions on L2 spaces and some discussion of the case of Lp spaces.
- Author BiographyProfessor Andrew Markoe is a Professor of Mathematics at Rider University, Lawrenceville, New Jersey. He lives in Lawrenceville, NJ with his wife and the youngest of his three daughters. He graduated with a B.S. in Mathematics from the City College of New York in 1964 and received his Ph.D. in Mathematics from Brown University in 1969. His fields of research include several complex variables, integral geometry and tomography. He is a member of the American Mathematical Society. His hobbies include playing Lacrosse, playing squash and flying.
- Author(s)Andrew Markoe
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight570 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.