All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe lack of adherence to medication is a growing public health problem worldwide and is costing many patients their good health and healthcare systems billions of dollars. A new volume in the Emerging Issues in Analytical Chemistry series, Analytical Chemistry for Assessing Medication Adherence introduces the concept of medication adherence/compliance and reports international perspectives on medication adherence while highlighting its importance. It then describes the opportunities for analytical chemistry to assess medication adherence and thereby provide an evidence base for clinicians to improve patient health outcomes. The authors highlight the strengths and weaknesses of each of the analytical techniques cited in addition to categorizing the findings in terms of the biological samples used to assess adherence and identifying methods to extract biological samples prior to analysis. The final chapter provides the authors' perspective in this area, emphasising the importance of medication optimization for individual patients. The Emerging Issues in Analytical Chemistry series is published in partnership with RTI International and edited by Brian F. Thomas. Please be sure to check out our other featured volumes: * Thomas, Brian F. and ElSohly, Mahmoud. The Analytical Chemistry of Cannabis: Quality Assessment, Assurance, and Regulation of Medicinal Marijuana and Cannabiid Preparations, 9780128046463, December 2015.* Hackney, Anthony C. Exercise, Sport, and Bioanalytical Chemistry: Principles and Practice, 9780128092064, March 2016.* Rao, Vikram, Knight, Rob, and Stoner, Brian. Sustainable Shale Oil and Gas: Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Geochemistry Methods, 9780128103890, forthcoming September 2016.* Farsalis, Konstantis, et al. Analytical Assessment of e-Cigarettes: From Contents to Chemical and Particle Exposure Profiles, 9780128112410, forthcoming November 2016.
- Author BiographySangeeta Tanna has a PhD in Pharmaceutics and is a Reader in Pharmaceutical Bioanalysis. Her expertise and research interests are the pharmaceutical bioanalysis and drug delivery fields. Her early research focused on developing instrumental methods for measuring the glucose-dependent delivery of insulin from a smart gel. This led to the development of microanalytical methodologies for the determination of therapeutic drugs from dried blood spots based on LC-MS, LC-MS/MS, and LC-HRMS studies. Applications of this work to patient healthcare include improved medications for newborn babies and to assess adherence to cardiovascular drug therapy for adult patients. She has a track record of published papers, invited international conference presentations, grants, and awards for this research. Graham Lawson has a PhD in Analytical Chemistry and his expertise is in instrumental analysis, in disparate areas such as environmental exposure in the polymer industry, the identification of migrants from food packaging, and factors influencing drug delivery and clinical applications. The unifying themes are the detection of ultra-low levels of contamination in complex matrices and the protection of people from adverse exposures. Dr. Lawson's current research interests include novel analytical techniques applied to dried blood spot analyses and to counterfeit drug detection.
- Author(s)Graham Lawson,Sangeeta Tanna
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.