All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDue to their ability to support reliable high quality of service as well as spectral and power efficiency, multicarrier modulation systems have found increasing use in modern communications services. However, one of the main drawbacks of these systems is their vulnerability to nlinear distortion effects. Analytical Evaluation of Nonlinear Distortion Effects on Multicarrier Signals details a unified approach to well-kwn analytical results on memoryless nlinearities that takes advantage of the Gaussian behavior of multicarrier signals. Sharing new insights into the behavior of nlinearly distorted multicarrier signals, the book begins with a review of the fundamental principles of multicarrier transmission and multicarrier-based systems. Next, it covers well-kwn results on nlinear distortion of Gaussian signals and examines the accuracy of the use of Gaussian approximation for evaluating nlinear effects. It also considers the performance of various multicarrier-based systems in the presence of different types of nlinear devices. * Describes general clipping and filtering techniques to reduce the envelope fluctuations of multicarrier signals * Analyzes quantization effects caused by the numerical accuracy required in the DFT computations * Discusses quantization requirements of analog-to-digital converters * Redefines loading techniques to take into account nlinear distortion issues on adaptive multicarrier systems * Examines the impact of nlinear signal processing techniques for reducing the envelope fluctuations of OFDMA signals * Presents performance results for all the discussed applications The book covers the essential principles of multicarrier modulations, including OFDM modulations and other multicarrier schemes. It describes multicarrier modulation systems that will be used in next-generation communications systems and also provides new insight into the behavior of nlinearly distorted multicarrier signals. Illustrating the application of the nlinear distortion analysis techniques presented, the book provides you with a wide range of analytical tools to assess the effects of nlinearities on the performance of multicarrier-based schemes.
- Author(s)Rui Dinis,Theresa Araujo
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication20/05/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note87 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.23Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.