Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $244.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $176.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew Edition Now Covers Shock-Wave Analysis An in-depth presentation of analytical methods and physical foundations, Analytical Fluid Dynamics, Third Edition breaks down the how and why of fluid dynamics. While continuing to cover the most fundamental topics in fluid mechanics, this latest work emphasizes advanced analytical approaches to aid in the analytical process and corresponding physical interpretation. It also addresses the need for a more flexible mathematical language (utilizing vector and tensor analysis and transformation theory) to cover the growing complexity of fluid dynamics. Revised and updated, the text centers on shock-wave structure, shock-wave derivatives, and shock-produced vorticity; supersonic diffusers; thrust and lift from an asymmetric zzle; and outlines operator methods and laminar boundary-layer theory. In addition, the discussion introduces pertinent assumptions, reasons for studying a particular topic, background discussion, illustrative examples, and numerous end-of-chapter problems. Utilizing a wide variety of topics on inviscid and viscous fluid dynamics, the author covers material that includes: * Viscous dissipation * The second law of thermodynamics * Calorically imperfect gas flows * Aerodynamic sweep * Shock-wave interference * Unsteady one-dimensional flow * Internal ballistics * Force and momentum balance * The Substitution Principle * Rarefaction shock waves * A comprehensive treatment of flow property derivatives just downstream of an unsteady three-dimensional shock * Shock-generated vorticity * Triple points * An extended version of the Navier-Stokes equations * Shock-free supersonic diffusers * Lift and thrust from an asymmetric zzle Analytical Fluid Dynamics, Third Edition outlines the basics of analytical fluid mechanics while emphasizing analytical approaches to fluid dynamics. Covering the material in-depth, this book provides an authoritative interpretation of formulations and procedures in analytical fluid dynamics, and offers analytical solutions to fluid dynamic problems.
- Author BiographyGeorge Emanuel earned his PhD in aeronautical sciences from Stanford University, California. Subsequently, he was employed at the Aerospace Corp., TRW, and Los Alamos National Laboratory as a research engineer. He spent 19 years as a professor in the School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering at the University of Oklahoma. He is the author of numerous books that include Analytical Fluid Dynamics, Second Edition, Solution of Ordinary Differential Equations by Continuous Groups, and Shock Wave Dynamics (CRC Press). He is also the author of four chapters in three handbooks and the author or coauthor of more than 100 peer-reviewed articles.
- Author(s)George Emanuel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note240 black & white illustrations, 48 black & white tables
- Weight1655 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.