All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionGiving students a thorough grounding in basic problems and their solutions, Analytical Mechanics: Solutions to Problems in Classical Physics presents a short theoretical description of the principles and methods of analytical mechanics, followed by solved problems. The authors thoroughly discuss solutions to the problems by taking a comprehensive approach to explore the methods of investigation. They carefully perform the calculations step by step, graphically displaying some solutions via Mathematica(R) 4.0. This collection of solved problems gives students experience in applying theory (Lagrangian and Hamiltonian formalisms for discrete and continuous systems, Hamilton-Jacobi method, variational calculus, theory of stability, and more) to problems in classical physics. The authors develop some theoretical subjects, so that students can follow solutions to the problems without appealing to other reference sources. This has been done for both discrete and continuous physical systems or, in analytical terms, systems with finite and infinite degrees of freedom. The authors also highlight the basics of vector algebra and vector analysis, in Appendix B. They thoroughly develop and discuss tions like gradient, divergence, curl, and tensor, together with their physical applications. There are many excellent textbooks dedicated to applied analytical mechanics for both students and their instructors, but this one takes an unusual approach, with a thorough analysis of solutions to the problems and an appropriate choice of applications in various branches of physics. It lays out the similarities and differences between various analytical approaches, and their specific efficiency.
- Author(s)Daniel Radu,Ioan Merches
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication08/08/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note122 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.