All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes useful analytical methods by applying them to real-world problems rather than solving the usual over-simplified classroom problems. The book demonstrates the applicability of analytical methods even for complex problems and guides the reader to a more intuitive understanding of approaches and solutions. Although the solution of Partial Differential Equations by numerical methods is the standard practice in industries, analytical methods are still important for the critical assessment of results derived from advanced computer simulations and the improvement of the underlying numerical techniques. Literature devoted to analytical methods, however, often focuses on theoretical and mathematical aspects and is therefore useless to most engineers. Analytical Methods for Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Problems addresses engineers and engineering students. The second edition has been updated, the chapters on n-linear problems and on axial heat conduction problems were extended. And worked out examples were included.
- Author BiographyProfessor Weigand studied Mechanical Engineering at the Technical University of Darmstadt, where he was also research assistant at the Institute for Technical Thermodynamics. After his Ph.D. in 1992, he was employed at ABB Power Generation LtD in Baden / Switzerland. There he was responsible for the cooling design of all new gas turbine blades and for the basic research on Heat Transfer and Cooling. Since 1999, he is Professor for Thermodynamics at the University of Stuttgart.
- Author(s)Bernhard Weigand
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication06/05/2015
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleMathematical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note93 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight660 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.