All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second volume of Analytical Psychology and German Classical Aesthetics builds on the previous volume to show how German classicism, specifically the classical aesthetics associated with Goethe and Schiller kwn as Weimar classicism, was a major influence on psychoanalysis and analytical psychology alike. This volume examines such significant parallels between analytical psychology and Weimar classicism as the methodological similarities between Goethe's morphological and Jung's archetypal approaches, which both seek to use synthesis as well as analysis in their attempt to understand the world. It also focuses on the project of the construction of the self, which, it is argued, is t only a personal but also a cultural activity. This book, like its previous volume, aims to clarify the intellectual continuity between Weimar classicism and analytical psychology. It will be of interest to both students and scholars in the fields of analytical psychology, comparative literature, and the history of ideas.
- Author BiographyPaul Bishop is Professor of German at the University of Glasgow. His previous publications include Analytical Psychology and German Classical Aesthetics: Goethe, Schiller, and Jung, volume 1, The Development of the Personality (Routledge, 2008), Jung's 'Answer to Job': A Commentary (Routledge, 2002) and the edited collection Jung in Contexts: A Reader (Routledge, 1999).
- Author(s)Paul Bishop
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/07/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains 2 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.