Analyzing Media: Communication Technologies as Symbolic and Cognitive Systems by James W. Chesebro, Dale A. Bertelsen (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $66.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $52.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
About this product
- DescriptionFor the past 25 years, critics of communication have focused on the content and form of verbal and nverbal communication, while for the most part neglecting what traditionally has been considered a technical rather than a critical issue--the impact of how messages are produced or formatted in the various media. Topics such as the sexual and violent content of television and films, the meaning of porgraphy, and the persuasive efforts of advertisers largely have been examined with the use of social science methodologies that igre the behavioral and message-generating implications of specific media systems themselves. Filling a significant void in the literature, this volume eschews the tion of communication techlogies as neutral conduits, and instead depicts them as active and creative determinants of meaning. In doing so, it offers an illuminating examination of the dynamic relationships among communication, cognition, and social organization. Winner of the Eastern Communication Association's 1997 Everett Lee Hunt Award for Outstanding Scholarship
- Author BiographyJames W. Chesebro, Ph.D., is Professor in the Department of Communication at Indiana State University, Terre Haute. A past President of the Speech Communication Association, he also has served as Director of Educational Services in the Association's National Office in Annandale, Virginia, as Chair of its Publications Board, and as a member of its Administrative Committee and Legislative Council. Widely published, he was the Editor of Communication Quarterly from 1985 through 1987, and his articles have appeared in such publications as the Quarterly Journal of Speech, Communication Monographs, Communication Education, Text and Performance Quarterly, and Critical Studies in Mass Communication. He has also received a number of awards, including the Speech Communication Association's Golden Anniversary Award for the outstanding monograph of the year, the Everett Lee Hunt Scholarship Award, and the Distinguished Service Award from the Eastern Communication Association.
- Author(s)Dale A. Bertelsen,James W. Chesebro
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication27/10/1998
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.