All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn his 7th century manuscript Anania Shirakatsi describes his own methodology of teaching arithmetic to children. His method does t use any fancy visual aids, it does t require memorization, and it eliminates learning by rote. Shirakatsi's method builds strong mathematical long-lasting kwledge. This method has been successfully used in Armenia for centuries and has proved itself to be very effective. This 7th century methodology can be adopted and effectively used by elementary school teachers in the 21st century diverse classroom environment. This book can also be useful for parents who wish to help their children master the art of counting and to teach them the fundamentals of mathematics. For those who are interested in the history of education this book is an excellent introduction to Anania Shirakatsi, the author of the oldest preserved textbook on arithmetic.
- Author BiographyGohar Marikyan is an Associate Professor and an advisor of Mathematics and Technology at the Empire State College of State University of New York. She holds a Ph.D. degree in Mathematics (research Ph.D. in Mathematical Logic) and MS degree in Computer Science (research master's degree in Theory of Algorithms). Dr. Marikyan continues to actively pursue her research in mathematical logic as it applies to computer science. She also is interested in the history of math education as it applies to the development of teaching methodology. The results and findings of the research have been presented in domestic and international conferences and published in a number of scientific journals.
- Author(s)MS Gohar Marikyan Ph D
- Date of Publication29/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.