All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnatolia: Home of Eternity, is the catalogue that accompanies the main exhibition at Europalia Arts Festival, Turkey. It looks at the heart of Turkish culture and illustrates masterpieces brought together from museums from all over Turkey. Turkish culture is characterised by rituals and religion. On the basis of about 200 objects - archaeological finds, miniatures, sculptures, textile, items in gold, etc. - this book provides a unique glimpse at the diversity of that culture - and of a country that has always been used as bridge between Europe and Asia. The masterpieces are borrowed from prestigious collections, such as the Topkapi Palace Museum, the Istanbul Archaeological Museum and the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations in Ankara.
- Author BiographyProminent expert on Turkey, Marc Waelkens, who was also awarded a knighthood, is an Emeritus Professor in Archaeology at KU Leuven. Recently, he led the archaeological excavations of the site of Sagalassos in Turkey, one of the most important interdisciplinary archaeology projects in the Mediterranean. In the past, he has taken part in archaeological studies into Greece, Syria, Italy, and Egypt, where he introduced essential knowledge on each occasion.
- Author(s)Marc Waelkens
- Date of Publication25/11/2015
- Languageeng, dut, fre
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationTielt
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- Content Note230 colour, 20 b&w
- Weight1438 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.