CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Other
- AU $28.98Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $18.27Trending at AU $20.87
- AU $17.99Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $18.62Trending at AU $20.62
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.02
- AU $21.38Trending at AU $23.04
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $17.20
About this product
- DescriptionAn@tomedia: A new approach to medical education. An@tomedia is a unique way to learn about the anatomy of the human body. It is a comprehensive, self-paced learning program that explores anatomy from four different perspectives: Regions: includes surface and functional anatomy; Systems: includes conceptual and clinical anatomy; Dissection: includes practical procedures and post-mortem; and; Imaging: includes sectional and endoscopic anatomy. These perspectives teach you how the body is constructed (from regions and systems) and how you can deconstruct the body (with dissection and imaging techniques). Unlike any other anatomy multimedia program, an@tomedia combines an interactive photographic and illustrated atlas with detailed, serial dissections of real human bodies and coloured overlays. Most other available products are animated and lack detailed content, because they are designed for a specific learning task (eg. preparation for an exam). Most are also limited in their interactivity and educational value because they do t address multiple perspectives of learning anatomy. An@tomedia is arranged in nine modules. The content for each module is distributed on a single CD-ROM, and can be used on both Macintosh and PC computers. These interactive CD modules provide additional depth and detail to complement the book, General Anatomy: Principles and Applications . Five modules are currently available: General Anatomy; Back; Abdomen Thorax; and Pelvis. Four more modules, Upper Limb, Lower Limb, Neck, and Head are in development and will be released at regular intervals. Features: detailed serial dissections of real human bodies coloured overlays of individual structures multiple perspectives to explore anatomy and compare flexibility to choose your approach, rate, sequence and depth of learning interactive text, labels and clinical questions new concepts in anatomy and relevant clinical applications capacity to 'build' systems, 'map' regions, 'dissect' layers and 'trace' images a self learning resource with a solid educational basis has a simple and consistent navigation system. Please Note: The CD works on rmal PCs/MACs. Any external application/software installed to run the CDs can cause a problem in viewing the CD.
- Author BiographyDr Norman Eizenberg (MBBS) is a senior lecturer in anatomy at the University of Melbourne and a general medical practitioner. He was awarded the 2000 Universitas 21 teaching fellowship for educational innovation, in recognition of his work on an@tomedia and the 2006 Meritorious Service Award from the Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons. Dr Christopher Briggs (DipEd, BSc, MSc, PhD) is an Associate Professor and Deputy Head of the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology at the University of Melbourne. He is also a forensic osteologist, and has a PhD in exercise physiology. Priscilla Barker (BAppSci (Physio)) is a senior tutor, prosector, medical illustrator and museum curator in anatomy at the University of Melbourne. She is also a practising physiotherapist. Dr Ivica Grkovic (MD, MSc, PhD) is a lecturer in anatomy at the University of Melbourne. He is a qualified medical practitioner with a Masters degree in radiological anatomy and a PhD in neuroscience.
- Author(s)Christopher Briggs,Ivica Grkovic,Norman Eizenberg,Priscilla Barker
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication21/12/2006
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Medical
- Weight84 g
- Width57 mm
- Height49 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.