Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.41+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionEven today Universities adhere to a time-houred hierarchy of professors, readers, lecturers, demonstrators, and technicians - a structure first established in the European anatomical 'theatres' of the 16th and 17th centuries. These were the players in the theatre of anatomy, but inevitably it was the cadaver that took centre stage. In Anatomy Lessons, Karen Ingham explores anatomy theatres and dissecting rooms in Edinburgh, Dublin, London, and Padua - and discovers spaces in which the tion of surface is probed and dissected in the search to create structure and meaning - to find what lies beneath. The body is a ghostly presence - yet in the theatre of anatomy even the lifeless stage may be imbued with a sense of drama.
- Author BiographyKaren Ingham is a senior lecturer at Swansea Institute and Head of the Centre for Lens-Based Arts. Her work has been exhibited worldwide and previous publications include Paradise Park (2000), Death's Witness (2001), and Ha Ha: Margam Re-visited (2002). This project has been completed with support from The Wellcome Trust, The Arts & Humanities Research Board and The Centre for Lens-Based Arts at Swansea Institute.
- Author(s)Karen Ingham
- PublisherDewi Lewis Publishing
- Date of Publication10/01/2004
- Place of PublicationStockport
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDewi Lewis Publishing
- Content Note42col.ill.
- Weight458 g
- Width210 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.