All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDear Students: I am both hored and privileged to teach you A&P. To me, you are the most important people on earth. You are posterity. You are the reason a teacher exists. My primary goal is to educate you. I want you to be able to understand, appreciate, respect, and revere life and its processes. Work with me. Give me a chance to open your mind to new and fascinating ideas about living things. You WILL learn A&P after reading my book! My book is presented in two volumes. Both read like a vel and comprise a uniquely different, full-course, in-depth, comprehensive A&P textbook using unparalleled learning examples. They are a consequence of the total me, t just the professional me. Using this approach I have tried to eliminate that barrier between student and professor that I think prevents most students from wanting to learn, as opposed to having to learn. You are going to be tutored by me, personally. My books INTEGRATE the typical lab coverage of other A&P courses. I approach the subject from a function to structure, rather than structure to function, perspective. Contents for Volume 1: My Teaching Approach and Other Basic Information; Some Basic Biology (Story: Car-truck crash=survivors); Membranes and Glands (Story: I hate shoes! Any hope for sensory Nirvana?); Skeletal System (Stories: My cross-continent bicycle trip/The Gossamer Condor challenges / Birds of Prey); Muscle System (Story: Olympic Athletes and Dancers); Nervous System (Story: Tabinid flies: beautifully designed, but I still won!); Sense Receptors (Story: Sailboat in Pacific, earthworm pain, abortion. Kwing our world); Endocrine System (Story: Who's at the Door? Come in?) Contents for Volume 2: Circulatory System (Story: Waking to the clock radio); Immulogy and the Lymphatic System (Story: How to die. Death IS life); The Respiratory System (Story: Aspirated bug on my bicycle trip); The Digestive System (Story: Thanksgiving dinner. Where does all that food really go?); The Urinary System (Story: My dog and the fire-hydrant. I'm absolutely amazed!); The Reproductive System (Story: Have you ever really loved a woman? ); Fluid, Electrolyte, and pH Balance (Story: Eating crabs, lobsters, etc.); Book Summary/Epilogue: What we have accomplished.
- Author BiographyPlease use the biographical information appearing on the back cover of Vol 2 here.
- Author(s)Peter Karch Phd
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1220 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.