Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionAn understanding of anatomy is key to producing believable fantasy art. Packed with step-by-step exercises and resources, this book will help all artists and illustrators understand the process behind movement and enable them create more dynamic artwork. Fantasy artists are unlikely to use models to draw from life but, to be successful, their creations must have a grounding in reality. This book teaches the artist the principles of anatomy, from musculature and skeletal structure through to movement. You can then develop your artistic style by breaking and bending the rules of anatomy through practical exercises and demonstrations, accompanied by incredible finished artworks. The step-by-step exercises help the artist to fully understand the subtle movements that combine to create expressions, and the flowing movements that constitute actions. This is an indispensible guide for anyone interested in improving and developing their fantasy art figures.
- Author BiographyAl Davidson is the author/artist of a number of graphic novels, including The Spiral Cage, The Minotaur's Tale and Spiral Dreams. He has designed record labels and covers, and illustrated cards for Wizards of the Coast as well as teaching anatomy and figure drawing for the graphic novel for over 15 years.
- Author(s)Glenn Fabry
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication25/03/2005
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Out-of-print date17/10/2014
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.