All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSongs that sell the most copies become hits, but some of those hits transcend commercial value, touching a generation of listeners and altering the direction of music. In Anatomy of a Song, writer and music historian Marc Myers tells the stories behind fifty rock, pop, R&B, country and reggae hits through intimate interviews with the artists who wrote and recorded them. Hits range from Lloyd Price's 'Lawdy Miss Clawdy' to Pearl Jam's 'Go' and include oral histories with Mick Jagger, Joni Mitchell, Rod Stewart, Loretta Lynn, the Clash, Elvis Costello, Ron Isley, Roger Waters, Jimmy Cliff and many more.
- Author BiographyMarc Myers is a frequent contributor to the Wall Street Journal, where he writes about jazz, rock and soul, as well as the arts. He is author of the critically acclaimed book Why Jazz Happened.
- Author(s)Marc Myers
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Content NoteIntegrated b&w photos throughout
- Weight681 g
- Width167 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.