All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHuman evolution explains how we have found ourselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. Issues of modern living; depression, obesity, and environmental destruction, can be understood in relation to our evolutionary past. An awareness of this past and its relation to the present can help limit their impact on the future.
- Author BiographyTIMOTHY CLACK is Lecturer in Archaeology and Anthropology at the University of Oxford, UK and Director of Studies in the subject at Christ Church and St Peter's Colleges. He moved to Oxford after holding several teaching positions and completing a PhD in Archaeology at the University of Manchester. Amidst his various teaching commitments, he has conducted archaeological, anthropological and primatological research throughout Africa, Europe, and South East Asia. He has authored numerous books, scientific papers, and magazine articles covering a wide range of subjects from human evolution and human-animal relations to religious experience and the popular media. Outside of academia he is also a director of Redemics a corporate responsibility consultancy. In his spare time he enjoys being immersed in the British countryside pursuing his interests of hiking and photography.
- Author(s)Timothy Clack
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication14/11/2008
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleMacmillan Science
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight621 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.