All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionMany martial artists, once they reach a certain level of proficiency with their barehanded fighting forms, choose to expand their kwledge to include weapons techniques. But what weapon to choose? Over the past 5,000 years, the Chinese have developed a vast array of weapons, built for a multitude of purposes. What are these purposes? What is the background of these weapons? What weapon is right for you? Ancient Chinese Weapons: A Martial Artists Guide is an easy reference guide. It is profusely illustrated, easy to navigate, and conveniently broken down into four main classifications: Long Weapons, Short Weapons, Soft Weapons, and Projectile/Thrown Weapons. Inside you will find weapons of many types, from swords and spears, sharpened coins to flying claws! Even if you're t a martial artist, but have an interest in history and warfare, you'll find this guide an invaluable resource. It includes: techniques and fighting strategy; history and evolution of weapons; Translations of Chinese terms; and, over 130 illustrations.
- Author BiographyDr. Yang, Jwing-Ming is a renowned author and teacher of Chinese martial arts and Qigong. Born in Taiwan, he has trained and taught Taijiquan, Qigong, and Chinese martial arts for over forty-five years. He is the author of over thirty books, and was elected by Inside Kung Fu magazine as one of the 10 people who has made the greatest impact on martial arts in the past 100 years. Dr. Yang lives in Northern California.
- Author(s)Jwing-Ming Yang
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication09/03/1999
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationRochdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Noteill
- Weight345 g
- Width187 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.