All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the Celts first arrived in Ireland around 200 B.C., the island had already been inhabited for over 7000 years. Drawing on a wealth of archaeological evidence and the author's own mastery of the subject, 'Ancient Ireland' returns to those pre-Celtic roots in a bid to discover the secrets of the island's first inhabitants: Who were they? And how did they live? Few accounts of the period are as exhaustively researched; fewer still are as alive with historical insight and compelling detail. At once accessible and comprehensive, 'Ancient Ireland' is an indispensable guide to early Irish civilisation, its culture and mythology.
- Author BiographyThe late Laurence Flanagan was a freelance writer and a former Keeper of Antiquities at The Ulster Museum. He is an author of Favourite Irish Names for Children, Favourite Irish Names for Your Baby and Irish Place Names.
- Author(s)Laurence Flanagan
- Date of Publication30/11/1998
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintGill & Macmillan Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight356 g
- Width138 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.