All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAncient Near Eastern Literature and the Hebrew Scriptures About the Fatherhood of God discusses some of the main father-god concepts of the people of the Ancient Near East, then examines the eighteen occurrences of God's fatherhood specifically mentioned in Hebrew Scripture. From these sources, the book develops a theology of God's fatherhood that hors both ancient and modern scrutiny. Although many studies have explored the subject of the fatherhood of God - mostly from the perspective of nbiblical disciplines, and through the lens of Greco-Roman mythology - this book takes into account the wealth of material from the ancient Near East, the birthplace of the Hebrew Scriptures.
- Author BiographyThe Author: David R. Tasker has post-graduate degrees in Family Life Education and Old Testament. He received his Ph.D. in Old Testament from Andrews University in Michigan.
- Author(s)David R. Tasker
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Literature
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 69
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note5 fig., 2 tables
- Weight500 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.