About this product
- DescriptionEven before the spread of Christianity throughout Europe, individuals began to demand a systematic way to view the worlda way to substitute order for chaos. Supplanting mythical explanations with those based on observation, early Greeks and some of their contemporaries sought to comprehend worldly phemena in terms of more universal truths. This book introduces readers to the figures instrumental in implementing this refined way of thinking, including Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle. It also examines the effect of these thinkers on the major religions of the time, namely, Judaism and Christianity.
- PublisherRosen Education Service
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleHistory of Philosophy (Hardcover)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRosen Education Service
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBrian Duignan
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.