About this product
- DescriptionJohn Denver's love for dolphins, which he expressed in his hauntingly beautiful lullaby 'Ancient Rhymes', has taken on new life in the form of a lavishly illustrated picture book that will be a lovely dream maker for children and adults alike. Welcome precious earth-made child, John Denver sings in his hauntingly beautiful lullaby of the birth of a dolphin. John loved to swim with dolphins - intelligent and exceedingly talkative animals that swim together in pods, suckle their young and often touch and caress each other. In this illustrated adaptation of his song 'Ancient Rhymes', you can feel the hope that birth brings - whether dolphin or human - and the promise of new life. John Denver was much more than an entertainer. He was also a director and supporter of many social and environment organizations including those that worked to protect dolphins and the marine environment such as the Cousteau Society and the Human/ Dolphin Foundations. Ages 2-adult Also available in Hardback with a free CD 9781584690641 14.99
- Author BiographyJohn Denver was much more than an entertainer. He was, also, a director and supporter of many social and environment organizations, including those that worked to protect dolphins and the marine environment, such as the Consteau Society and the Human/ Dolphin Foundations.
- Author(s)John Denver
- PublisherDawn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/09/2004
- SubjectPicture Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintDawn Publications,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width241 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Christopher Canyon
Most relevant reviews
- rhonda07rhonda11 Feb, 2013by
Excellent book. A must have for John Denver fans.
I bought this book for the pictures and John Denver and Bob Samples beautiful song that they wrote. It has beautiful words and pictures. It is also a great book for the children or grandchildren.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.