About this product
- Description100 Facts Ancient Rome is bursting with exactly 100 fantastic facts, incredible images and awesome activities to help children aged 6-10 years learn everything they need to kw about the lives of ancient Romans. Simple quizzes to test your child's understanding of what they've learned. Photo-realistic artwork to ignite your child's imagination. 100 numbered facts allow your child to track their progress, and feel rewarded. Sypsis - Product details100 Facts Ancient Rome includes key topics about ancient Rome in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page features amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for children aged 6 10 years. Topics covered in 100 Facts Ancient Rome: Famous rulers, such as Julius Caesar, and their reigns. The great Roman Empire and its trade around the world. Society, education, law and daily family life. 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts: The Romans invented Valentine's Day, but called it Lupercalia. Boys picked a girl's name from a hat and she was their girlfriend for the year! Although the Romans liked bathing, they visited the baths only once every nine days. Some gladiators became so popular that people used to write graffiti about them on the walls of buildings around Rome! Activities to make learning accessible and interactive: Make a Roman toga out of a blanket or sheet. Quiz question: What is the name for a story told through dance and music without words? Ask an adult to help you make a pear souffle using the simple recipe in this book.
- PublisherMiles Kelly Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series Title100 Facts
- Place of PublicationEssex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMiles Kelly Publishing Ltd
- Weight227 g
- Width224 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byBelinda Gallagher
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.