All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionBy turns bizarre, unsettling, spooky, and sublime, Ancient Sorceries and Other Weird Stories showcases nine incomparable stories from master conjuror Algern Blackwood. Evoking the uncanny spiritual forces of Nature, Blackwood's writings all tread the nebulous borderland between fantasy, awe, wonder, and horror. Here Blackwood displays his best and most disturbing work-including The Willows, which Lovecraft singled out as the single finest weird tale in literature ; The Wendigo ; The Insanity of Jones ; and Sand. For more than seventy years, Penguin has been the leading publisher of classic literature in the English-speaking world. With more than 1,700titles, Penguin Classics represents a global bookshelf of the best works throughout history and across genres and disciplines. Readers trust theseries to provide authoritative texts enhanced by introductions and tes by distinguished scholars and contemporary authors, as well as up-to-datetranslations by award-winning translators.
- Author BiographyS. T. Joshi is a freelance writer and editor. He has edited Penguin Classics editions of H. P. Lovecraft s The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories (1999), and The Thing on the Doorstep and Other Weird Stories (2001), as well as Algernon Blackwood s Ancient Sorceries and Other Strange Stories (2002). Among his critical and biographical studies are The Weird Tale (1990), Lord Dunsany: Master of the Anglo-Irish Imagination (1995), H. P. Lovecraft: A Life (1996), and The Modern Weird Tale (2001). He has also edited works by Ambrose Bierce, Arthur Machen, and H. L. Mencken, and is compiling a three-volume Encyclopedia of Supernatural Literature. He lives with his wife in Seattle, Washington.
- Author(s)Algernon Blackwood
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitlePenguin Twentieth-Century Classics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Penguin Press
- Weight277 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Introduction byS T Joshi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.