All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBryn s world is out of kilter. Pollution is causing weird weather and diseases that her mom, a scientist, was working to fix. But Mom disappeared on a research expedition in Alaska, and w Dad has gone off to find her. At least Bryn gets some comfort from kenning with her bird though that ability makes her weird as well. Things get seismic strange when Bryn discovers a huge egg in a box of her mother s stuff and it s hatching. What emerges is a big baby lizard, and Bryn can sense its feelings, as she can with birds. Bryn guesses the lizard is a cryptid an ancient species thought to be extinct. That makes it valuable to black market poachers, and maybe valuable to her mom s work as well. Bryn is determined to keep the creature safe. But it s t easy to secretly raise a cryptid baby, especially when it starts to flame. For what Bryn really has is a baby dragon, a dracling. The poachers will be after her for sure. But what does it mean that Bryn can ken with it? Is she meant to protect it? How far will Bryn go to save what might be the last of its kind?
- Author(s)Susan Fletcher
- PublisherAtheneum Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleDragon Chronicles (Atheneum Books)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtheneum Books for Young Readers
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.