All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAncient Writing and Its Influence was the first book in English to cover the history of the alphabet, Greek palaeography and epigraphy, Latin palaeography and epigraphy, and the origins of printing. Today, it remains a sound, concise, and expert introduction to these four closely related disciplines, written by one of the master palaeographers of the twentieth century. Among the wide range of topics included are the development of the Latin alphabet, the Gothic script of the Late Middle Ages, and the writing materials and practices of antiquity.
- Author BiographyBerthold Louis Ullman (1882-1965) was head of the Department of Latin at the University of Pittsburgh (1909), head of the Department of Classics at the State University of Iowa (1919), professor of Latin at Chicago (1925), and head of the Department of Classics at the University of North Carolina (1944).
- Author(s)Berthold Louis Ullman
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication12/01/1980
- Series TitleMART: The Medieval Academy Reprints for Teaching
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 10
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight420 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Introduction byJulian Brown
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.