All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe world's most famous hymn book has undergone a complete revision and w offers the broadest ever range of traditional hymns and the best from today's composers and hymn/song writers. 150 years since its first publication and after sales of 170 million copies, this brand new edition contains over 840 items, ranging from the Psalms to John Bell, Bernadette Farrell and Stuart Townend. The guiding principles behind this collection are: * congregational singability * biblical and theological richness * musical excellence * liturgical versatility * relevance to today's worship styles and to today's concerns New features include added provision for all the seasons of the Church year, new items for carol services and other popular occasions where the repertoire is in need of refreshing, more choices for all-age worship, fresh translations of some ancient hymdy, beautiful new tunes, short songs and chants - alleluias, kyries, blessings etc. and music from the world church. A full range of indexes (including biblical and thematic) and a helpful guide to choosing hymns for every occasion will help to make Ancient & Modern the premier hymn collection of choice. This is the Full Music edition.
- Author BiographyHead of Publishing, Royal School of Church Music (RSCM) Anne Harrison has edited the Royal School of Church Music's Sunday by Sunday liturgy planner for ten years and is also on the editorial team for Praxis News of Worship. John Barnard is a composer, arranger, choir-director and organist. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Organists and has written a number of popular hymn tunes. Gordon Giles is Vicar of St Mary Magdalene, Enfield, and Director of Post-Ordination Training for the Edmonton Episcopal Area of the Diocese of London. Previously Succentor of St Paul's Cathedral he has published many articles and books on hymnody and church music.
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Weight1324 g
- Width139 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byAnne Harrison,John Barnard,Revd Gordon Giles,Tim Ruffer
- Edition StatementFull Music ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.