All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn ...And Communications for All, 16 leading communications policy scholars present a comprehensive telecommunications policy agenda for the new federal administration. This agenda emphasizes the potential of information techlogies to improve democratic discourse, social responsibility, and the quality of life along with the means by which it can be made available to all Americans. Schejter has assembled an analysis of the reasons for the failure of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, and offers an international benchmark for the future of telecommunications. Addressing a range of topics, including network neutrality, rural connectivity, media ownership, mirity ownership, spectrum policy, universal broadband policy, and media for children, it articulates a comprehensive vision for the United States as a twenty-first-century information society that is both internally inclusive and globally competitive.
- Author BiographyAmit M. Schejter is associate professor of communications and codirector of the Institute for Information Policy at the Pennsylvania State University.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/01/2009
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight721 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAmit M. Schejter
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.