All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDID YOU HEAR THE ONE ABOUT ? Every great joke has a punch line, and every great humor writer has an arsenal of experiences, anecdotes, and obsessions that were the inspiration for that humor. In fact, those who make a career out of entertaining strangers with words are a toriously intelligent and quirky lot. And boy, do they have some stories. In this entertaining and inspirational book, you'll hear from 21 top humor writers as they discuss the comedy-writing process, their influences, their likes and dislikes, and their experiences in the industry. You?ll also learn some less useful but equally amusing things, such as:
- How screenwriter Buck Henry came up with the famous plastics line for The Graduate.
- How many times the cops were called on co-writers Sacha Baron Cohen and Dan Mazer during the shooting of Borat.
- What David Sedaris thinks of his critics.
- What creator Paul Feig thinks would have happened to the Freaks & Geeks crew if the show had had ather season.
- What Jack Handey considers his favorite Deep Thoughts.?
- How Todd Hanson and the staff of The Onion managed to face the aftermath of 9/11 with the perfect dose of humor.
- How Stephen Merchant and Ricky Gervais created the original version of The Office.
- What it's really like in the writers? room at SNL.
- Author(s)Mike Sacks
- PublisherWriters House
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWriters House
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight723 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.