CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionA sharply humorous and fast-paced first vel about the effects - some predictable, some wildly unexpected - that an encounter at gunpoint have on a previously assured young woman. The gun is pointed at 21-year old Ellis as she walks through a New York park. Although she escapes unharmed, and without being robbed, she is left psychologically reeling. Over the next weeks Ellis keeps everyone at bay; the police, suitors who want to save her, and the university therapist who hints that her sweaters are too tight. But when Ellis accompanies her mother, a nurse, on a mission in the Philippines, she finds that life - even if held up - cant be held back, and neither, finally, can she.
- Author BiographyVendela Vida's first book, Girls on the Verge - a journalistic study of female initiation rituals, grew out of her M.F.A. thesis at Columbia University. She lives in California. This is her first novel.
- Author(s)Vendela Vida
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication07/08/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Out-of-print date09/11/2006
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.