All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn her first book of poetry, Ursula Vaira captures the rugged and challenging beauty of the West Coast landscape in three poignant stories. The first, told through a set of linked poems, describes her thirty-day, thousand-mile paddle from Hazelton to Victoria with skipper Roy Henry Vickers. Journeys 97 was an RCMP-First Nations venture to raise addictions awareness and to offer on opportunity for the government to apologise for their role in the legacy of the residential schools. Vaira bears witness. A heck of a wind/ bounces me into the mountains ...So begins the second poem, Frog River , the story of a woman's stay in an isolated hunter's cabin 129 km rth of Muncho Lake in the rthern Rockies. She is t sure whether she has left her lover or just left him behind, whether love is more dangerous than anything she might encounter in the wilderness. Last One to Get There , the third and final journey in Vaira's new collection, is a poem of place, of landscape and of West Coast imagery from a twenty-two-day kayaking journey that rounded Cape Scott and Cape Cook on Vancouver Island.
- Author BiographyUrsula Vaira's poems have been published in literary journals and in anthologies. The long poem, Frog River, was published as a chapbook and is forthcoming in the Portage Anthology. The title poem of her collection, And See What Happens, was a finalist in the CBC Literary Competition and was published in slightly different form as a chapbook called 'A Thousand Miles'. Last One to Get There was published in a chapbook titled 'Little Espinoza'. Ursula worked at Oolichan Books for ten years then founded her own publishing house, Leaf Press, in 2001.
- Author(s)Ursula Vaira
- PublisherCaitlin Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSaint George
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCaitlin Press
- Weight378 g
- Width210 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.