All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBestselling author Jane Christmas resolves to enter a convent to find out whether she is, as she puts it, nun material. She also wants to understand why she has felt - and avoided - a siren call to religious life for so long. But just when she convinces herself to take the plunge, her longterm partner suddenly proposes marriage. Determined t to sideline her monastic dreams any longer, Christmas puts her engagement on the back burner and sets off on an extraordinary year-long adventure to four convents. With her trademark humour, verve and feistiness, Christmas relates how she revels in - and at times chafes and rails against - the silent, simple existence she has sought all of her life. When an unexpected and searing memory rears up, she is forced to confront both her past and her future.
- Author BiographyJane Christmas is an acclaimed Canadian writer of travel memoirs, including And Then There Were Nuns, her account of the time she spent testing out her vocation following a marriage proposal. And What the Psychic Told the Pilgrim: A Mid-Life misadventure on Spain's Camino de Santiago de Compostela. She now lives in Devon in the UK.
- Author(s)Jane Christmas
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.