All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionIt won't matter whether or t you've attempted an ultra, or whether or t you even dream of one. If you enjoy running and reading, you'll want this book. --David Meyers, Running Journal The best writers in the sport of running describe the last frontier of long-distance events: races longer than a marathon.James Shapiro begins by relating with heart-rending detail his experiences in a six-day race in Swifts on the Wing. In To the Limit and Beyond, Kenny Moore takes you through the Great Hawaiian Footrace, a horrendous six-day ordeal that seemingly changes his life. Don Kardong, one of the wittiest and most personable writers in the sport, in Le Grizz goes the fifty-mile distance at the infamous race. Ed Ayres, former editor of Running Times, takes on the Western States 100 in Wings of Icarus, and the event turns out to be a kind of catharsis in his life. In Road Warriors, Hal Higdon's report on his group's attempt to run across the state of Indiana is a lighthearted, self-imposed challenge that turns into a spiritual odyssey. Tom Hart attempts to run a solo thirty-seven-miler on his thirty-seventh birthday, which reveals that an ultra is more than a feat of endurance, it is a journey into self. John L. Parker, Jr. ends with And Then the Vulture Eats You, an uproarious analysis of ultra runners.A book for all ultra runners, and for curious rmal runners.
- Author BiographyJohn L. Parker is the author of the NY Times bestseller Once a Runner and its sequel Again to Carthage (Breakaway Books 2008).
- PublisherBreakaway Books
- Date of Publication06/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBreakaway Books
- Weight272 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJohn L Parker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.