All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis treasure of a book highlights the bonds between the generations and between gardeners and the earth. SCHOOL LIBRARY JOURNAL Gram and Joe love to spend time together taking care of the vegetable patch, but it takes a lot of patience. There s digging time, planting time, weeding time, watering time, even thinking time. Meanwhile, the seasons change, and while Gram does things her way, Joe does things his way. But come harvest, each will find wondrous surprises, thanks to the benevolence of the good brown earth.
- Author BiographyKathy Henderson has written several award-winning books, most recently THE STORM, which she also illustrated, and THE BABY DANCES. Of AND THE GOOD BROWN EARTH, she says, Isn t it amazing what can happen when you just put a seed in the earth? This story just came springing up out of the ground like the plants in our family vegetable plot, and the seed it took was my youngest child showing me how to do things her way. As well as writing and illustrating, Kathy Henderson works as an artist and printmaker. She has a strong interest in music and sound and has written a number of programs for radio. She lives in North London and has three children.
- Author(s)Kathy Henderson
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication11/03/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width250 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kathy Henderson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.