Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are t transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products. Packages Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may t be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase. Used or rental books If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code. Access codes Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase. -- Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Designed with You in MindThe Anda! program provides practical responses to the challenges today's Spanish instructors and students encounter. Instructors w face many challenges: Decreased classroom contact hours, increased instructor and student workloads, larger class sizes, new course models like hybrid and fully online and more ambitious classroom goals including focusing on practical communication and culture awareness instead of grammar alone. The Anda! program offers a true solution for instructors by delivering realistic goals with a realistic approach; focusing on student motivation and offering a variety of tools to promote success. Teaching and Learning Experience
- Realistic and Balanced Approach - Instructors and students don't have to rush through the entire scope of Spanish grammar in 2 semesters. They can focus on practical communication which helps students feel more motivated and successful in the course.
- Explore Grammar - Grammar is chunked to allow students to assimilate and practice without feeling overwhelmed. Explanations are clear and concise and include many supporting examples followed by practice activities.
- Build Vocabulary - Each chapter contains a realistic number of new vocabulary words and like grammar, is presented in chunks at the point of need.
- Develop Skills - Unique reading and video storyline mystery motivates students to read. Dedicated speaking, listening and writing sections provide strategies and the process necessary to effectively develop skills in the target language.
- Connect with Culture - Both high and popular cultureare woven throughout the chapters to enable students to learn to recognize and appreciate cultural diversity as they explore behaviors and values of the Spanish-speaking world. They are encouraged to think critically about these cultural practices and gifts to society.
- Personalize Learning - MySpanishLab's proven results will be available for fall 2012 courses.
- Author BiographyAudrey Heining-Boynton received her Ph.D. from Michigan State University and her MA from The Ohio State University. Her career spans K-12 through graduate school teaching, most recently as Professor of Education and Spanish at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She has won many teaching awards, including the prestigious ACTFL Anthony Papalia Award for Excellence in Teacher Education, the Foreign Language Association of North Carolina (FLANC) Teacher of the Year Award, and The UNC ACCESS Award for Excellence in Working with LD and ADHD students. Dr. Heining-Boynton is a frequent presenter at national and international conferences, has published more than one hundred articles, curricula, textbooks, and manuals, and has won nearly $4 million in grants to help create language programs in North and South Carolina. Dr. Heining-Boynton has also held many important positions: President of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), President of the National Network for Early Language Learning, Vice President of Michigan Foreign Language Association, board member of the Foreign Language Association of North Carolina, committee chair for Foreign Language in the Elementary School for the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese, and elected Executive Council member of ACTFL. She is also an appointed two-term Foreign Language Annals Editorial Board member and guest editor of the publication. Glynis Cowell is the Director of the Spanish Language Program in the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures and an Assistant Dean in the Academic Advising Program, College of Arts and Sciences, at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She has taught first-year seminars, honors courses, and numerous face-to-face and hybrid Spanish language courses. She also team-teaches a graduate course on the theories and techniques of teaching foreign languages. Dr. Cowell received her M.A. in Spanish Literature and her Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, with a concentration in Foreign Language Education, from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Prior to joining the faculty at UNC-CH in August 1994, she coordinated the Spanish Language Program in the Department of Romance Studies at Duke University. She has also taught Spanish at both the high school and community college level. At UNC-CH she has received the Students' Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching as well as the Graduate Student Mentor Award for the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures. Dr. Cowell has directed teacher workshops on Spanish language and cultures and has presented papers and written articles on the teaching of language and literature, the transition to blended and online courses in language teaching, and teaching across the curriculum. She is the co-author of two other college textbooks.
- Author(s)Audrey L Heining-Boynton,Glynis S Cowell
- Date of Publication23/06/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight567 g
- Width201 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.