Andalucia Baedeker Travel Guide by Reinhard Zakrzewski, Martina Johnson, Rainer Eisenschmid (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBaedeker is proud to welcome this brand new guide to Andalusia. At the heart of this full-colour and visually inspiring guide is a wealth of well-researched information and over 200 detailed recommendations, written by experts. From the formidable castles and Moorish palaces, to charming villages and seemingly endless green olive groves, you will find all the sights and top attractions explored in an easy-to-read A-Z format. Superb 3D laminated illustrations display the key sights in perspective and include Mezquita and Alhambra, brought to life at the turn of a page. Clear and concise background texts cover Andalusia's fascinating history, tracing key events from prehistory to new democracy, including the Reconquista and the death of Franco. Special feature pages cover topics of particular interest, such as 'Moorish Life in Andalusia' and 'The Art of Eating Tapas'. A comprehensive 'Practicalities' chapter covers all the essential travel advice you need, including accommodation, transport, food and drink, health, shopping, money and much more, t to mention useful insider tips for travellers with disabilities and those travelling with children. It reveals when and where you can catch festivals, holidays and events throughout the year and also highlights where the most spectacular mountains and idyllic beaches can be found. There are plenty of 'Baedeker tips' alongside the relevant places and sights information, making this guide ideal for on-the-spot reference. The guide is accompanied by a large, fully indexed, pull-out map, along with 43 detailed maps and plans within the text that clearly pin-point the best places to stay and top venues to eat and drink en route. There are 4 recommended tours specially designed to ensure you see the very best of this captivating country, from its native wildlife and the most magnificent architecture, to the volcanic landscapes of the Sierra Nevada. Top sights are clearly plotted along the way with the distances marked between them to help you plan your route. All of this invaluable information is contained within a handy plastic wallet that allows you to keep the guide and map together whilst ensuring that both will survive in all weather. Baedeker - setting a new standard in 21st century travel guide publishing.
- Author BiographySince 1827, Baedeker has set a benchmark for guidebooks and remains the most famous and cherished travel brand in the world. With over 50 titles available, the range is ever-expanding to keep up with the needs of today s travelers.
- Author(s)Martina Johnson,Rainer Eisenschmid,Reinhard Zakrzewski
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication07/01/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBaedeker Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Out-of-print date30/01/2015
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight680 g
- Width123 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $59.27
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $25.94
- AU $27.97Trending at AU $31.84
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.59
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.80
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.88
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.