All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionIts literary history began to develop with the Romans and reached an early flowering when Arabic poets drew on centuries of literary tradition, together with the landscapes and passions of Moorish Spain. Later, Prosper Merimee, Byron and Washington Irving forged legends of exotic southern Spain that persist to this day and Spanish writers themselves captured the rich tapestry of Andalucian culture, from Cervantes' Seville to the Cordoba of Baroque poet Luis de Gongora and Lorca's 'hidden Andalucia'. With the advent of the Civil War, a new generation flocked to Andalucia and were inspired to write some of the Twentieth Century's most iconic works of literature, from Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls to Gerald Brenan's The Spanish Labyrinth and Laurie Lee's trilogy of books. As vibrant and compelling as the region itself, Andalucia: A Literary Guide for Travellers illuminates the very soul of Spain.
- Author BiographyAndrew Edwards is a writer and the translator of two books set in Sicily by the Spanish author Alejandro Luque. Suzanne Edwards trained in linguistics and is a dyslexia specialist. They co-authored the acclaimed Sicily: A Literary Guide for Travellers (I.B.Tauris, 2014).
- Author(s)Andrew Edwards,Suzanne Edwards
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectFiction Companions
- Series TitleLiterary Guides for Travellers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 bw integrated, 1 map
- Weight431 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.