All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn addition to preparing you to ace your business law course, ANDERSON'S BUSINESS LAW AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT, COMPREHENSIVE VOLUME, 22nd Edition, provides information and resources to assist you in studying for the CPA exam. This #1 summarized case business law text on the market today helps you grasp key legal concepts and principles by reinforcing your understanding through applications and examples of real-world dilemmas, issues, and problems. Current, comprehensive, easy-to-understand and fascinating to read, ANDERSON'S BUSINESS LAW will help you prepare you for class and give you all the resources you need to succeed in your business law course.
- Author BiographyProfessor David Twomey has been a member of the Business Law Department in the Carroll School of Management at Boston College since 1968. As department chair for more than a decade, and four-term chair of the school's Education Policy Committee, Professor Twomey served as a spokesperson for a strong legal and ethical component in both the undergraduate and graduate curriculum. He is the author of 35 editions of textbooks on labor, employment and business law topics. His articles have appeared in journals such as Best's Review, The American Business Law Journal, The Labor Law Journal, The Massachusetts Law Quarterly, The Florida Bar Journal, and The Business Law Review. Professor Twomey has served as arbitrator in more than 2,000 labor-management disputes throughout the country. His service includes appointments by Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, William J. Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama to nine Presidential Emergency Boards, whose recommendations served as the basis for the resolution of major disputes in the rail and airline industries. After service in the U.S. Marine Corps, Professor Twomey graduated from Boston College, earned his M.B.A. at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and a J.D. degree at Boston College Law School. He is a member of the Massachusetts and Florida Bars and a member of the National Academy of Arbitrators. Marianne M. Jennings, J.D., Emeritus Professor of Legal and Ethical Studies, has taught at the WP Carey School of Business, Arizona State University since 1977. She was named professor of the year in the College of Business in 1981, 1987, 2000, and 2010. She served as director of the Joan and David Lincoln Center for Applied Ethics at ASU from 1995-1999. Ms. Jennings has written six textbooks and four monographs in the areas of business ethics, ethical culture, and legal environment. She was director of the Lincoln Center for Applied Ethics from 1995 to 1999. Ms. Jennings has worked with government agencies, professional organizations, colleges and universities, and Fortune 100 companies on ethics training and culture. She is a contributing editor of the Accounting and Compliance Alert and the Real Estate Law Journal. Two of her books have been named Library Journal's book of the year. Her books have been translated into three languages. Her book, The Seven Signs of Ethical Collapse, published by St Martin's Press, has been used as an audit tool and a primer by numerous organizations for creating and sustaining an ethical culture. In 2011, Ms. Jennings was named one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders by Trust Across America and in 2012, she was named one of the 100 most influential people in business ethics by Ethisphere magazine. Ms. Jennings served on the board of directors for Arizona Public Service (now Pinnacle West) who owned the Palo Verde Nuclear Station from 1987 through 2000. She has served on INPO's advisory council since 2005. In 2015, she was named an affiliated scholar with the Center for the Study of Economic Liberty at Arizona State University. She conducts ethics training and ethical culture assessments for businesses, including Fortune 100 companies, government agencies, professional associations, and nonprofit organizations.
- Author(s)David P. Twomey,Marianne Jennings
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2400 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edition Statement22nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.