All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBy the middle of the twentieth century, Umberto Giorda had established himself as a leading figure in the verismo (realistic) school of opera composition, rivaling Leoncavallo and Mascagni in importance. Today his fame rests on a single work, Andrea Chenier, first performed in 1896. Based on the life of a French poet, the intense and dramatic story unfolds amid the tumult of the French Revolution.The real-life figure who inspired this drama was initially a fervent supporter of the Revolution but spoke out against the violence of mob rule. Andrea Chenier recounts the poet's love for a young aristocrat and the conflict with his comrade and romantic rival, with whom he is hor-bound to fight a duel. A staple of opera houses all over the world, the work appears here in a large-format, durable, and modestly priced edition.
- Author(s)Umberto Giordano
- PublisherDover Publications
- Date of Publication18/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.