All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- Description'Droznin is remarkable and valuable for his ability to combine serious and historically contextualised reflection on the body, psychology and human behaviour with an incorporated and systematic exploration of these ideas in practice.' Paul Allain Andrei Droznin's Physical Actor Training presents a unique introduction to the master teacher behind a programme of stage movement training that is taught all over the world. Droznin's influence on the way biomechanical principals and the relationship between mind and body are approached in modern drama schools has been both extensive and profound. But never before has a publication attempted to document, in any real detail, both his methods and the motivations behind them. Aimed at both scholars and theatre professionals, Andrei Droznin's Physical Actor Training is comprised of: * A DVD containing both an interview with Droznin himself, and a vivid selection of his exercises taught by long-term associate, Natalia Fedorova, building from essential principals of locomotion into explosive acrobatics. * An accompanying booklet featuring two practical essays by Droznin translated into English for the first time, along with an introduction to his work by Paul Allain. Droznin's goal is 't simply to teach students stage tricks but to make a connection between...body and soul, so that when they feel something, they will immediately express themselves.' This unprecedented collaborative project provides indispensible insights into how that connection might still be achieved in today's techlogically-driven world.
- Author(s)Andrei Droznin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/12/2011
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notesd., col.
- Weight158 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byPaul Allain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.