Androgen Deprivation Therapy: An Essential Guide for Prostate Cancer Patients and Their Loved Ones by John W. Robinson, Lauren M. Walker, Richard Wassersug (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.13Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor many men with prostate cancer, androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) offers hope for controlling the disease and increasing life expectancy. The side effects of treatment, however, can leave you with unexpected physical and emotional changes. In Androgen Deprivation Therapy: An Essential Guide for Prostate Cancer Patients and Their Loved Ones, Richard Wassersug, PhD, who went through ADT himself and understands the difficulties, and a team of experts give you and your loved ones the tools you need to prepare for treatment and live well during and post-treatment. Field tested with dozens of men and their families, Androgen Deprivation Therapy provides real solutions to manage every situation. You'll learn how to:* Understand the risks and benefits of ADT (sometimes referred to as hormone therapy)* Manage changes in weight and body composition* Reduce hot flashes* Fight fatigue and insomnia, and wake up rested every day* Address issues related to sex and intimacy* Control mood swings and depression* Maintain open communication with your partnerAndrogen Deprivation Therapy is the first resource dedicated to ADT. With its help, you can manage the side effects of treatment and get back to life.
- Author BiographyRichard Wassersug is a research scientist, who got his PhD in evolutionary biology from the University of Chicago, USA. He then spent most of his career studying the biology of amphibians and teaching anatomy in the medical school at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. However, at the age of 52 he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and has since receiving multiple treatments for the disease. After beginning androgen deprivation therapy, he redirected his research to study the psychology of androgen deprivation in various populations. Richard is now an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Urologic Sciences at the University of British Columbia, Canada and Co-Lead for the Vancouver Prostate Centre's new Prostate Cancer Supportive Care Program. Lauren M. Walker has a PhD in clinical psychology, and is a clinical fellow in the Department of Oncology at the University of Calgary, Canada and the Tom Baker Cancer Centre. She completed her doctorate research evaluating a patient education initiative for preparing prostate cancer patients (and their partners) starting on androgen deprivation therapy. She works clinically with couples helping them adapt to the sexual implications of cancer treatments. She is an active researcher, who has contributed several key articles to the scientific literature on the psychosocial adaptation to androgen deprivation therapy. John W. Robinson has been a clinical psychologist and a member of the Genital Urinary Program at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre in Calgary, Alberta, Canada since 1986. He concurrently provides clinical service and develops new ways to ease the psychological burden of cancer on not just patients but also their loved ones. He has appointments in both Oncology and Clinical Psychology at the University of Calgary where he teaches and carries on an active research program.
- Author(s)John W. Robinson,Lauren M. Walker,Richard Wassersug
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.77Trending at AU $69.55
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $79.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.