All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionA step-by-step tutorial to help you master computer vision and mobile app development. This book is for Java developers who are new to computer vision and who would like to learn about how it is used in relation to application development. It is assumed that you have previous experience in Java, but t necessarily Android. A basic understanding of image data (for example pixels and color channels) would be helpful too. You are expected to have a mobile device running Android 2.2 (Froyo) or greater and it must have a camera.
- Author BiographyJoseph Howse might be at home right now, sitting on a sofa and writing a book, or he might have dashed away with a suitcase full of books, cameras, and computers. He is equipped to see the world , or at least to do his work in computer vision. He is currently a Software Developer at Ad-Dispatch (Canada), where he makes augmented reality games for iOS and Android. Thanks to computer vision, the games can make use of real-world props such as a child's drawings and toys.Joe also provides training and consulting services. He is currently consulting at Market Beat (El Salvador) on an embedded systems project that uses OpenCV for face recognition. He holds three Master's degrees in Computer Science, International Development Studies, and Business Administration (Dalhousie University, Canada). His research has been published by ISMAR (the International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Realities), and he would love to meet you there if you go. Android Application Programming with OpenCV is Joe's second book with Packt. His first book, OpenCV: Computer Vision with Python, includes an introduction to face tracking and depth cameras (for example Kinect) on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Joe likes cats, kittens, and oceans. Felines and saline water sustain him. He lives with his multi-species family in Halifax, on Canada's Atlantic coast.
- Author(s)Joseph Howse
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight238 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.