All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiane Arnson Svarlien's translation of Euripides' Andromache , Hecuba , and Trojan Women exhibits the same scholarly and poetic standards that have won praise for her Alcestis , Medea , Hippolytus . Ruth Scodel's Introduction examines the cultural and political context in which Euripides wrote, and provides analysis of the themes, structure, and characters of the plays included. Her tes offer expert guidance to readers encountering these works for the first time.
- Author BiographyDiane Arnson Svarlien earned her PhD in Classics at The University of Texas at Austin and lives in Lexington, Kentucky. Ruth Scodel is the D. R. Shackleton Bailey Collegiate Professor of Greek and Latin, University of Michigan.
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Weight284 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Translated byDiane Arnson Svarlien
- Introduction byRuth Scodel
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.