All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an exciting biography of a celebrated center fielder. As an Atlanta Brave, Andruw Jones has proven himself as a dependable and tenacious player, appearing in at least 150 games per season. Born in the Caribbean, Jones was encouraged by his baseball-playing father and showed prodigious talent at an early age, signing with the Braves when he was only 16. Since making the majors, he has been awarded the Rawlings Gold Glove for center fielders every year since 1998, and is a five-time All-Star. With his almost-perfect glove in the outfield and aiming-for-the-wall bat, the center fielder has drawn comparisons to past greats such as Willie Mays.Andruw Jones covers all the biographical bases, with action-packed photographs, statistics, and a timeline.
- Author BiographyDanny Abramson was born in Baltimore, Maryland, where he became a lifelong baseball fan watching Brooks Robinson and the Baltimore Orioles play at Memorial Stadium. He lives in Houston, Texas.
- Author(s)Danny Abramson
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Series TitleBaseball Superstars
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCheckmark Books
- Content Note25 full-colour & black-&-white photographs, index, bibliography, glossary, chronology & timeline, sidebars, further reading, web sites, statistics
- Weight249 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Interest Age11 to 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.