Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe climax of the Norse Volsungasaga is the story of Sigrd, the son born of Sigmund after his death. The saga writes when folk tell of all the mightiest champions, and the blest chiefs, then ever is he named the foremost. Sigrd revenges his slain father, re-forges his father's shattered sword, slays a dragon, and recovers a treasure which includes a cursed ring. His treacherous murder by his wife's brothers precipitates the downfall of dynasties in a Europe convulsed by Hun invasions. Underlying the story are elements of Norse tragedy that have resurfaced countless times from the unkwn author of Beowulf through the operas of Richard Wagner, to the fantasies of Morris and Tolkien.
- Author BiographyRon Altmann is a naval architect by education, a test engineer by profession, a computer programmer by necessity, a teacher by vocation, and a hermit by disposition. Over the past fifty years he has generated hundreds of proposals, test reports, document manuals, and a few good books. Andvari's Gift concludes the trilogy begun in his novels, A Telling and Volsungs. Ron lives at the edge of Cold Spring, a small town in the middle of the world.
- Author(s)Ron Altmann
- Date of Publication16/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.