All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout his career, Andy Warhol easily crossed the boundaries between fine art and graphic design; in fact, he made distinction between art and advertising. Posters were a natural medium for this talented artist, and he was much in demand to promote some of the most rewned celebrities, causes, and brands of his time. This richly illustrated book catalogs all of Warhol's posters commissioned for a specific purpose and features original artwork. Arranged chrologically, they present a fascinating array of subjects, including cultural events, musicians, political campaigns, and iconic brands. Each of the posters is exquisitely reproduced, including some with multiple variations, and accompanied by informative texts and comparative illustrations. The author's introductory essay offers a brief history of poster art and contextualises Warhol's output against masters of the form such as Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec and Keith Haring. Seen in their entirety, these posters - bearing all the hallmarks of the artist's finest work - both reflect and reveal the cultural zeitgeist that drove Warhol's invative practice.
- Author BiographyPaul Marechal is a curator and art collector based in Montreal. He is the author of Andy Warhol: The Record Covers, 1949 - 1987 (Prestel).
- Author(s)Paul Marechal
- Date of Publication20/04/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note175 colour
- Weight1451 g
- Width250 mm
- Height330 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.