Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs Los Angeles comes of age in the 1960s, two undercover cops, posing as bikers, struggle to maintain their balance in the growing drug trade. Boundaries are broken and borders are crossed in an effort to do good--while doing bad. The newcomer, Gabe, learns from a few masters in the game of life, love, and staying alive while undercover. He soon finds that Normal is a meaningless word civilian society makes up. His first master teaches him that the books (on being a cop) don't kw squat. The next cop shows him that being irreverent and unconventional in the approach of doing their job, gets results. As part of his cover, Gabe buys a house in the neighborhood that is serviced by his old precinct. Some old habits die hard. His understanding for those that still wear the uniform runs deeper than a commercial coffee maker and more open handed than the back-door that has lock. Soon he finds that he must learn to deal with what becomes more like a frat house with a very large snake running loose. After a bar fight, the team is one man down. But there is a more important job to be done: running young girls into Mexico for illegal abortions. A group of doctors and nurses had become tired of young teens coming into emergency rooms still bleeding from botched abortions up back allyways. They bought a hacienda south of the border, and had bikers bring the girls across on Friday evening and return them on Sunday. When Gabe rushes one girl back to the United States to save her life, he sticks around. Cricket is only fourteen, scared, and alone. Through the days of her recovery from emergency surgery, he gets to kw her. He is by her side around the clock. With the days, she comes to understand just what an Angel really is. They part ways, but t before Gabe lets her kw how she can find him if she ever needs her Angel. Three years later, a phone call in the night brings it all into focus--for a battle to save her life.
- Author(s)Baer Charlton
- PublisherMordant Media
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMordant Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.