All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionBy reading key Carter texts alongside their Decadent intertexts, Tonkin interrogates the claim that Carter was in thrall to a fetishistic aesthetic antithetical to her feminism. Through historical contextualization of the woman-as-doll, muse and femme fatale, Tonkin tests Carter's own description of her fiction as a form of literary criticism.
- Author BiographyMAGGIE TONKIN teaches nineteenth and twentieth century literary studies on a sessional basis at the University of Adelaide, Australia. She has published articles on Angela Carter and on contemporary Australian fiction, and also writes journalism and reviews for the Australian dance press.
- Author(s)Maggie Tonkin
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/02/2012
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight420 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.