All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the body of high-profile black lawyer Howard Elias is found inside one of the cars on Angels Flight, a cable railway in downtown Los Angeles, there's t a detective in the city who wants to touch the case. For Elias specialised in lawsuits alleging police brutality, racism, and corruption, and every LAPD cop is a possible suspect in his killing. Detective Harry Bosch is put in charge. Elias's murder occurred on the eve of a major trial: on behalf of a black client, Michael Harris, Elias was to bring a civil case against the LAPD for violent interrogation tactics that had caused his client partial loss of hearing. Harris had been acquitted of the rape and murder of a twelve-year-old girl, but many, including Bosch, believe him guilty. Elias had let it be kwn that the trial would serve a dual purpose: to target and bring down the guilty cops and to expose the real murderer of the little girl. To discover the truth, Harry must dig deep in his own backyard - except that it's a minefield of suspicion and hate that could detonate in his face.
- Author BiographyA former police reporter for the Los Angeles Times, Michael Connelly is the author of eleven acclaimed Harry Bosch thrillers and several stand-alone bestsellers, including most recently the highly acclaimed legal thriller, The Lincoln Lawyer.
- Author(s)Michael Connelly
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2009
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight290 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.